Position: Business Development Manager
Category: An initial one-year employment contract will be offered with the possibility for renewal depending on performance.
Location: Nicosia, Cyprus
Preferred Start Date: March 2023 or as soon thereafter
Application Deadline: Remain open until the position is filled
No. of positions: 1
About the position
The Smart Networked Systems Research Group conducts research in Computer and Communication technologies, networks and protocols. Following the successful award of an Innovation Grant, SNS is seeking a Research Assistant to join its fast-growing team of passionate and enthusiastic researchers and ICT professionals.
The job holder will be part of the iotshield.ai innovation project. The successful candidate will work as part of the Smart Network Systems Research Group, led by Prof Vasos Vasiliou.
Desired Qualifications & Requirements
- The successful candidates will have the opportunity to conduct fundamental or applied research in the areas described below.
- Work with the SNS research team to design and implement solutions in the context of the current research projects
- Participate in internal and external technical workshops and project meetings
- Build proof-of-concepts and prototypes to demonstrate the validity of proposed research and designed solutions.
- Depending on their qualifications and expertise, successful candidates will be responsible to prepare reports and project deliverables, contribute to the preparation of research proposals
- Furthermore, successful candidates will be encouraged to publish their research results in high quality international conferences and journals.
Profile of the ideal candidate:
- Postgraduate Degree in Business Management
- An Undergraduate or Postgraduate degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Experience in Information Security. Membership in related professional organization (ISACA, ISC2).
- Solid work experience (5+ years) in analytics / commercial / business development in ICT sector
- Demonstrable experience and accountability in leading and managing innovation projects related to digital transformation and business planning
- Excellent written and verbal communication with strong business acumen
- Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Strong communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Dynamic, adaptable, hands-on and results driven.
- A team player with an ability to work independently and under pressure.
- A professional, creative and collaborative presence to the team
- The ability to work independently and adapt in a startup environment that changes rapidly
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities
- A positive attitude and a desire to create a spin-out entity, as well as willingness to work closely with other functions within the organization
Take advantage of this opportunity for your professional and personal development by being a part of our fast- growing Research and Innovation Centre of Excellence. A very attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate according to qualifications and experience.
For full consideration, interested applicants should submit the following items via the “Application for Business Development manager-SNS MRG”:
Process for Research Associates:
- Full CV (including contact details).
- Cover letter which clearly states: (a) how you envision your role, (b) how your experience and qualifications match the specific position, and (c) the availability date for full-time employment (d) contact details of two referees.
In case you previously applied for a post at CYENS CoE, a new application is required.
About CYENS CoE
Centre of Excellence is focusing on Interactive media, Smart systems and Emerging technologies aiming to empower knowledge and technology transfer in Cyprus and wider region. It is a joint venture between the three public universities of Cyprus: the University of Cyprus, the Cyprus University of Technology, and the Open University of Cyprus, the Municipality of Nicosia, and two renowned international partners, the Max Planck Institute for Informatics, Germany, and, the University College London, United Kingdom. This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020
research and innovation programme H2020-WIDESPREAD-01-2016-2017 (Teaming Phase 2) under grant agreement No. 739578, as well as from the Cypriot Government, local and international partners, and other sponsors.
Research in CYENS integrates the Visual Sciences, Human Factors & Design, and Communications & Artificial Intelligence, in a tight synergy that provides a unique interdisciplinary research perspective that emphasizes an “Inspired by Humans, Designed for Humans” philosophy. The Centre conducts excellent, internationally competitive scientific research delivered by 18 high-caliber multidisciplinary research teams. CYENS engages in knowledge transfer and innovation activities aiming to act as an integrator of academic research and industrial innovation, towards the sustainable fueling of the scientific, technological, and economic growth of Cyprus and Europe.
CYENS Centre of Excellence is an equal opportunity employer and the position is open to everyone, internationally.
All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.
Location: Nicosia, Cyprus
Type: An initial one-year employment contract will be offered with the possibility for renewal depending on performance and project needs.