Preferred Start Date: September 2022 or as soon thereafter.
Application Deadline: June 15th or open until the position is filled
CYENS Centre of Excellence (formerly known as RISE) is the Research Centre of Excellence in Cyprus focusing on Interactive media, Smart systems and Emerging technologies aiming to empower knowledge and technology transfer in the region. It is a joint venture between the three public universities of Cyprus - University of Cyprus, Cyprus University of Technology, and Open University of Cyprus, the Municipality of Nicosia, and two renowned international partners, the Max Planck Institute for Informatics, Germany, and, the University College London, United Kingdom. This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme H2020-WIDESPREAD-01-2016-2017 (Teaming Phase 2) under grant agreement No. 739578, as well as from the Cypriot Government, local and international partners, and other sponsors.
The Centre conducts excellent, internationally competitive scientific research in the areas of visual sciences, human factors and design, communication, and artificial intelligence delivered by high-calibre multidisciplinary research teams. CYENS engages in knowledge transfer and innovation activities aiming to bridge the gap between scientific research and STEM-led innovation and entrepreneurship.
The successful candidate will be a member of the Museum Lab MRG (https://museumlab.cyens.org.cy/). The Museum Lab is dedicated to the exploration of emerging technologies inside and outside museums and other heritage sites. We are an interdisciplinary team with expertise in museum studies, history, arts, archaeology, photography and new technologies such as 360 photography/video, photogrammetry, 3D modelling and AR/VR.
The Museum Lab is currently involved in three projects that require development of web applications and on which the successful candidate is expected to work on. More specifically, the first project includes the development of an architectural heritage app with geo-location and real-time interaction; the second project demands the development of an interactive map based on Google maps which will require the organisation of historical data into a database or an API and will include timely diagrams and overlays; and the third project will require the development of a dedicated platform for hosting online educational games.
Main Responsibilities of Full-Stack Developer
Desired Qualifications & Requirements
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Experience with frameworks
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with the rest of the team to design and launch software solutions
- Maintain code integrity and organization
- Understand and implement security and data protection
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
- Write sound technical documentation
- Implement map features on mobile and desktop applications
Will be considered as an advantage:
- University Degree (Bachelor’s Degree or Degree of a level equivalent to Bachelor’s Degree) or Diploma or Certificate or other study title or qualifications in Computer Science or relevant field.
- Candidates with a BA need at least one year of proven experience.
- Candidates with an MA do not need experience, but it will be considered an advantage.
- Experience with database management systems
- Mobile development skills (Android and iOS)
- Language requirements: Excellent written and oral English-language skills
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or other relevant field
- Experience with Google API, Cesium, OpenLayers and other Geospatial JS Frameworks
- Experience building solutions with AWS, GCE, Azure, etc.
- Experience building elastic, scalable APIs / microservices
- Work efficiently with version control, workflows (git/gitlab)
- Experience with cultural heritage and museum projects
- Experience with organization and participation in funded research projects
For full consideration, interested applicants should submit the following items via the online application form
and mention the position you are applying for: “Application (Museum Lab) Full Stack Web Developer
- A cover letter which clearly specifies 1) contact details, 2) employment availability date, 3) part-time or full-time availability 4) referee contact details.
- A detailed curriculum vitae in English.
In case you previously applied for a post at CYENS CoE, a new application is required.
For general enquiries, applicants may contact the HR Department of CYENS, Centre of Excellence at firstname.lastname@example.org
CYENS Centre of Excellence is an equal opportunity employer and the position is open to everyone, internationally.
All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.
Location: Nicosia, Cyprus
Type: Category: An initial one-year employment contract will be offered with the possibility for renewal depending on performance and project needs.