Position: Research Associate in 3D Computer Vision
Category: An initial one-year employment contract will be offered with the possibility for renewal depending on performance and project needs.
Location: Nicosia, Cyprus
Preferred Start Date: September 2023
Application Deadline: The position will remain open until filled.
No. Of Positions: 1
Salary Range: €28,000 - €38,000 (depending on the applicant qualifications and experience)
About the position
Responsibilities of Research Associate:
We seek a highly motivated and skilled Research Associate to join the Visual Computing Group at the CYENS Centre of Excellence. As a part of our team, you will conduct original research for scene understanding, including, but not limited to, semantic segmentation of 3D environments and 3D reconstruction. You will work within an amazing and collaborative research group that publishes at the top venues in computer vision and computer graphics.
The Visual Computing Group focuses on understanding real environments of increasing complexity, thus bridging the gap between virtual and physical worlds. The group concentrates its research effort on deep neural network architectures for acquiring, modelling and understanding 3D scenes. The Visual Computing Group is headed by Dr Melinos Averkiou
General qualifications and requirements
- Research, design and implement novel computer vision and deep learning methods.
- Publish original research.
- Speak at conferences and events.
- Collaborate with other team members and teams.
- Collaborate with external researchers.
- Transfer mature technology for innovation purposes.
Profile of the ideal candidate:
- Ph.D. or M.Sc./M.Eng. with minimum three (3) years of research experience, in Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- Excellent Python/C++ programming skills.
- Great knowledge of common deep-learning frameworks, e.g., PyTorch, TensorFlow.
- Excellent knowledge of theory and practice of deep learning, computer vision, or computer graphics.
- Good publication record.
- Experience in processing or curating large-scale datasets will be considered an advantage.
- For non-EU applicants a work permit will be required.
- Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Very good analytical skills coupled with attention to detail.
- High level of commitment.
- Excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills.
Take advantage of this opportunity for your professional and personal development by being a part of our fast- growing Research and Innovation Centre of Excellence. A very attractive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates according to their qualifications and experience, that ranges between €28,000 - €38,000 for Research Associates.
For full consideration, interested applicants should submit the following items via the: “Application for Research Associate in 3D Computer Vision - VCG”:
Process for Research Associates:
- A cover letter which clearly specifies 1) academic and research experience, 2) any relevant industry experience, 3) contact details and 4) employment availability date.
- A detailed curriculum vitae in English.
- Copies of academic transcripts
- Contact details of two University professors or one University professor and one industry referee who can provide reference letters.
- Two (2) representative publications.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
In case you previously applied for a post at CYENS CoE, a new application is required.
For general enquiries, applicants may contact the HR Department of CYENS, Centre of Excellence at firstname.lastname@example.org
About CYENS CoE
CYENS Centre of Excellence is focusing on Interactive media, Smart systems and Emerging technologies aiming to empower knowledge and technology transfer in Cyprus and wider region. It is a joint venture between the three public universities of Cyprus: the University of Cyprus, the Cyprus University of Technology, and the Open University of Cyprus, the Municipality of Nicosia, and two renowned international partners, the Max Planck Institute for Informatics, Germany, and, the University College London, United Kingdom. This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme H2020-WIDESPREAD-01-2016-2017 (Teaming Phase 2) under grant agreement No. 739578, as well as from the Cypriot Government, local and international partners, and other sponsors.
All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.
Research in CYENS integrates the Visual Sciences, Human Factors & Design, and Communications & Artificial Intelligence, in a tight synergy that provides a unique interdisciplinary research perspective that emphasizes an “Inspired by Humans, Designed for Humans” philosophy. The Centre conducts excellent, internationally competitive scientific research delivered by 18 high-caliber multidisciplinary research teams. CYENS engages in knowledge transfer and innovation activities aiming to act as an integrator of academic research and industrial innovation, towards the sustainable fueling of the scientific, technological, and economic growth of Cyprus and Europe.
CYENS Centre of Excellence is an equal opportunity employer and the position is open to everyone, internationally.
Deadline: 30 September. 2023
Location: Nicosia, Cyprus
Type: An initial one-year employment contract will be offered with the possibility for renewal depending on performance and project needs.