CYENS Centre of Excellence (formerly known as RISE) is the Research Centre of Excellence in Cyprus focusing on Interactive media, Smart systems and Emerging technologies aiming to empower knowledge and technology transfer in the region. It is a joint venture between the three public universities of Cyprus - University of Cyprus, Cyprus University of Technology, and, Open University of Cyprus- , the Municipality of Nicosia, and two renowned international partners, the Max Planck Institute for Informatics, Germany, and, the University College London, United Kingdom. This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme H2020-WIDESPREAD-01-2016-2017 (Teaming Phase 2) under grant agreement No. 739578, as well as from the Cypriot Government, local and international partners, and other sponsors.
The Centre conducts excellent, internationally competitive scientific research in the areas of visual sciences, human factors and design, communication, and artificial intelligence delivered by high-calibre multidisciplinary research teams. CYENS engages in knowledge transfer and innovation activities aiming to bridge the gap between scientific research and STEM-led innovation and entrepreneurship.
The DeepCamera MRG is working on innovative, efficient, and resilient deep-learning based imaging/video and computer vision pipeline/applications tackling the existing drawbacks in all the pipeline stages, e.g., acquisition, encoding/decoding, manipulation/visualization and evaluation.
The available positions are within the context of a new project where Deep Learning based-computer vision techniques will be used for the development of a vision system that it will be integrated into existing UAVs system. This will include the development of Deep Learning based techniques for the specific computer vision tasks requested in the project and its deployment into embedded system at edge. The available position, which are covering the above needs, are 2:
- Position 1: Computer Vision Engineer with expertise in Deep Learning and embedded system
- Position 2: Full-Stack developer
The successful candidates will work under the supervision of the Team Leader of the DeepCamera MRG Dr. Alessandro Artusi.
General qualifications & essential requirements
Specific qualifications for Position 1
- University Degree (Bachelor’s Degree or Degree of a level equivalent to Bachelor’s Degree) or Diploma or Certificate or other study title or qualifications in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Colour Science, Image Processing, Computer Vision, Computer Graphics or relevant field.
- Excellent knowledge of both spoken and written English language
- For non-EU applicants a work permit will be required
Specific qualifications for Position 2
- Strong computer programming skills (C/C++, Python and Nvidia based embedded system)
- Knowledge of Deep-learning and usage of the existing Deep-learning environments (Tensorflow, Pytorch etc.)
- Previous experience in Deep Learning based classification/object detection and semantic segmentation
- A Web development framework echosystem:
- React (prefered)
- Css and/or Scss and/or TailwindCss
- Rest API development based on an ORM framework
- Knowledge in relational and not relational DBs (Postgress, mongoDB )
- Proficency in at least 1 backend Technlogoy:
- ruby on rails(ruby)
- video processing expreience
- video server experience
- Knowledge in could development and deployment solutions
Take advantage of this opportunity for your professional and personal development by being a part of our fast- growing Research Technology Development and Innovation Centre of Excellence. A very attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate according to qualifications and experience.
For full consideration, interested applicants should submit the following items via the online application form
and mention the position you are applying for: “Application for Computer Vision (DeepCamera) or “Application for Full-Stack Develper (DeepCamera)”:
- A cover letter which clearly specifies i) contact details, ii) employment availability date, iii) rationale on why you think you would be a good fit for the position within the DeepCamera MRG
- Description of academic and research experience as well as any relevant industrial experience where applicable (500 words maximum)
- A detailed curriculum vitae in English.
- Copies of academic transcripts.
- Contact details of two referees, either two University professors or one University professor and one industry referee.
In case you previously applied for a post at CYENS, a new application is required.
For general enquiries, applicants may contact the HR Department of the Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart Systems and Emerging Technologies at email@example.com
CYENS CoE LTD is an equal opportunity employer and the position is open to everyone, internationally.
All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.
Type: An initial one-year employment contract will be offered with the possibility for renewal depending on performance and project needs