Preferred Start Date: DATE or as soon thereafter.
The Centre is seeking for a Back-End Developer to join its fast-growing team of passionate and enthusiastic professionals. The successful candidate will report to the Head of Software Developers Team. This team will play an integral role in producing innovative solutions and transforming our research outputs to market-ready solutions.
Responsibilities of Back-End Developer:
Profile of the ideal candidate
- Work on a variety of projects, with internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with other developers and team leaders, to define the technical details of the projects at a high standard.
- Build APIs and the back-end infrastructure of various projects with state-of-the-art technologies.
General qualifications and requirements
- Ability to work in an agile fast-paced environment.
- Dynamic, adaptable, hands-on and results driven.
- A team player with an ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluent in English and Greek (written and spoken)
- For non-EU applicants a work permit will be required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering will be considered an advantage
- Strong understanding of Python or NodeJS.
- Being able to build REST APIs and an understanding about how to add security and authentication on the APIs.
- Strong experience with micro-services.
- Experience with unit testing, with tools such as PyUnit and MochaJS.
- Experience with SQL or NoSQL databases, such as MySQL, Postgres and MongoDB.
- Experience with Git version control and services such as Github/GitLab/Bitbucket.
- Strong experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Development (CI/CD).
A very attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate according to qualifications and experience.
For full consideration, interested applicants should submit the following items via the online application form
and mention the position you are applying for: “Application for Back-End Developer
- Full CV (including contact details).
- Cover letter which clearly states: (a) how you envision your role, (b) how your experience and qualifications match the specific position, and (c) the availability date for full-time employment (d) contact details of two referees.
In case you previously applied for a post at CYENS CoE, a new application is required.
For general enquiries, applicants may contact the HR Department of CYENS, Centre of Excellence at firstname.lastname@example.org
CYENS Centre of Excellence is an equal opportunity employer and the position is open to everyone, internationally.
All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.
Deadline: 22 August. 2021
Location: Nicosia, Cyprus
Type: Full-time employment. Open-term contract.