The Centre is building a team of Software Developers to join its fast-growing team of passionate and enthusiastic professionals. The Software Development Team will play an integral role in transforming our research outputs to market-ready solutions and together with our researchers will be a vital part of the knowledge-transfer initiatives of RISE. The Full-Stack Developer will be part of the Software Development Team of RISE.
Main Responsibilities of Full-Stack Developer
- Design overall architecture of the applications
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications
- Write effective APIs
- Collaborate with the rest of the Software Development team to design and launch software solutions
- Maintain code integrity and organization
- Understand and implement security and data protection
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
- Write sound technical documentation
Desired Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other relevant field or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or other relevant field considered an advantage
- 2-5 years of professional experience as a Software Developer or similar role
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL Databases (familiarity with Redis, RabbitMQ/Kafka, Elasticsearch considered an advantage)
- Mobile development skills (Android and iOS) considered a plus
- Experience building solutions with AWS, GCE, Azure, etc. is a plus
- Experience building elastic, scalable APIs / microservices is a plus
- Work efficiently with version control, workflows (git/gitlab)
- Excellent knowledge of both spoken and written English
For full consideration, interested candidates should submit the following via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
and use the Email subject line “Application: SD-FS-01: Full-Stack Developer”
- Cover letter which clearly specifies availability date for full-time employment
- Full CV (including contact details)
- Optional - Code Repository, Portfolio (in pdf format or website) or any other proof of work experience for the position
- Contact details of two professional referees. Referees will be contacted only for shortlisted candidates
Application Deadline: Friday, June 26, 2020.
In case you previously applied for a post at RISE, a new application is required.
For general inquiries, applicants may contact the HR Department of the of the Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart Systems and Emerging Technologies at email@example.com
For non-EU applicants a work permit will be required.
All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.
For additional information about the Software Development Team and Benefits of the position please click here.
Deadline: 26 June. 2020
Location: Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart Systems and Emerging Technologies, Nicosia, Cyprus
Type: Full-time employment