Team: CYENS Software Development Team
Department: Research Department
Categories: An initial two-year employment contract will be offered with the possibility for renewal depending on performance and project needs. 1st year iNicosia, 2nd Year other rojects
Location: Nicosia, Cyprus
Preferred Start Date: November 2022 or as soon thereafter.
Application Deadline: 30th of September 2022
CYENS Centre of Excellence is focusing on Interactive media, Smart systems and Emerging technologies aiming to empower knowledge and technology transfer in Cyprus and wider region. It is a joint venture between the three public universities of Cyprus: the University of Cyprus, the Cyprus University of Technology, and the Open University of Cyprus, the Municipality of Nicosia, and two renowned international partners, the Max Planck Institute for Informatics, Germany, and, the University College London, United Kingdom. This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme H2020-WIDESPREAD-01-2016-2017 (Teaming Phase 2) under grant agreement No. 739578, as well as from the Cypriot Government, local and international partners, and other sponsors.
Research in CYENS integrates the Visual Sciences, Human Factors & Design, and Communications & Artificial Intelligence, in a tight synergy that provides a unique interdisciplinary research perspective that emphasizes an “Inspired by Humans, Designed for Humans” philosophy. The Centre conducts excellent, internationally competitive scientific research delivered by 18 high-caliber multidisciplinary research teams. CYENS engages in knowledge transfer and innovation activities aiming to act as an integrator of academic research and industrial innovation, towards the sustainable fueling of the scientific, technological, and economic growth of Cyprus and Europe.
CYENS Software Development Team
The Centre is building a team of Software Developers to join its fast-growing team of passionate and enthusiastic professionals. The Software Development Team will play an integral role in transforming our research outputs to market-ready solutions and together with our researchers will be a vital part of the knowledge transfer initiatives at CYENS.
We are looking for passionate individuals who will embrace our mission and values and work together as a team to produce innovative solutions. As part of the Software Development Team, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work on a variety of projects involving internal and external stakeholders helping them turn their vision into real-world applications
- Use multiple state-of-the-art technologies
- Be part of a continuous learning environment that will allow you to challenge yourself and grow as a professional and capitalize on your expertise
Desired Qualifications & Requirements
- Hands-on role, playing a lead role, carrying out the design, build, test, document and deployment of software solutions
- Assist in defining and scoping projects
- Participation in the development of architecture, selection of implementation technologies and systems
- Follow software development methodologies and release processes, to ensure code is maintainable and scalable
- Work with several frameworks such as .Net
- Consumption of APIs and integration technologies
- Designing and developing APIs
- Participate in internal and external technical workshops
- Development and presentation of prototypes to prove value of capabilities and technologies
Profile of the ideal candidate:
- University Degree (Bachelor’s Degree or Degree of a level equivalent to Bachelor’s Degree) or Diploma or Certificate or other study title or qualifications in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience on Software Development (Full Stack)
- Familiarity with database technologies such as MySQL
- Experience in usage and development of Game Engines such as Unity 3D or Unreal Engine will be considered an advantage
- Language requirements: Excellent written and oral English-language skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical and detail-oriented
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design
- Good problem-solving skills
Take advantage of this opportunity for your professional and personal development by being a part of our fast- growing Research and Innovation Centre of Excellence. A very attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate according to qualifications and experience.
For full consideration, interested applicants should submit the following items via the online application
form and mention the position you are applying for: “Application for JOB TITLE
Process for Research Associates:
- Full CV (including contact details).
- Cover letter which clearly states: (a) how you envision your role, (b) how your experience and qualifications match the specific position, and (c) the availability date for full-time employment (d) contact details of two referees.
In case you previously applied for a post at CYENS CoE, a new application is required.
For general enquiries, applicants may contact the HR Department of CYENS, Centre of Excellence at email@example.com
CYENS Centre of Excellence is an equal opportunity employer and the position is open to everyone, internationally.
All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.
Deadline: 30 September. 2022
Location: Nicosia, Cyprus
Type: An initial two-year employment contract will be offered with the possibility for renewal depending on performance and project needs. 1st year iNicosia, 2nd Year other projects