Preferred Start Date: July 2022
CYENS Centre of Excellence (formerly known as RISE) is the Research and Innovation Centre on Interactive media, Smart systems and Emerging technologies empowering knowledge and technology transfer in the region. CYENS CoE is supported by the European Commission, the Republic of Cyprus and its founding Partners, the Municipality of Nicosia, the Max Planck Institute for Informatics (MPI), University College London, the University of Cyprus, the Cyprus University of Technology and the Open University of Cyprus.
The Centre conducts excellent, internationally competitive scientific research in the areas of visual sciences, human factors and design, communication, and artificial intelligence delivered by high-calibre multidisciplinary research teams. CYENS engages in knowledge transfer and innovation activities aiming to bridge the gap between scientific research and STEM-led innovation and entrepreneurship.
CYENS, as a Centre of Excellence, cultivates a culture of innovation and creativity in an inspiring environment filled with academics, researchers, creative and onward-looking people, innovators, entrepreneurs, and practitioners. The Centre operates under the moto “Inspired by Humans Designed for Humans” with the vision to produce world class research that drives innovation towards social and economic benefit while conducting excellent, internationally competitive scientific research in the areas of visual sciences, human factors and design, communication, and artificial intelligence. It sets out to meet the challenge with a total potential funding of more than 30 million Euros for the first 7 years, from a Horizon 2020 Teaming Action and multiple other sources, and a business plan for long-term sustainability and growth.
The Centre is seeking a Business Analyst to join its fast-growing team of passionate and enthusiastic professionals. This position is for a Software / Systems Business Analyst, who is a member of a software product development team and is tasked with analysing the business domain, documenting its processes and systems, outlining business requirements, and matching the software business model with the software being built. This role is specific for software development and should not be confused with other broad business analytics roles.
CYENS Centre of Excellence is an equal opportunity employer and the position is open to everyone, internationally.
Responsibilities of Business Analyst
Desired qualifications & requirements
- Elicit, analyse, specify, and validate the business needs of customers or end users.
- Collaborate with project sponsors to determine project scope and vision.
- Conduct interviews to gather customer requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods.
- Work with stakeholders and project team to prioritize collected requirements.
- Analyse and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
- Develop and utilize standard templates to write requirements specifications accurately and concisely.
- Translate conceptual customer requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/project team.
- Create process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers and/or the project team.
- Develop and conduct peer reviews of the business requirements to ensure that requirement specifications are correctly interpreted.
- Assist with the interpretation of customer requirements into feasible options and communicating these back to the business stakeholders.
- Assist with analysis of how the software should be built and configured or integrated to achieve specific functional requirement.
- Manage and track the status of requirements throughout the project lifecycle; enforce and redefine as necessary.
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications of business requirements — verbally or through written documentation — to project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood.
Profile of the ideal candidate
- University degree in Information Systems, Software Engineering, Finance, or related field.
- Master’s degree will be considered an advantage.
- 2 years’ experience in similar position and responsibilities.
- Applied experience and knowledge of SQL, relational databases, and basic computer science.
- Certifications in Business Analysis will be considered an advantage.
- Technical experience in Python, Apache Spark, NoSQL/Hadoop, Data Visualization, Machine Learning, Artificial intelligence and more, will be considered an advance.,
- Experience with project management tools and CRM systems (Customer Relationship Management) will be considered an advantage.
- Excellent written and oral of English-language skills are required.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Logical and efficient, with strong attention to detail
- Highly self-motivated and able to exercise independent judgement
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Take advantage of this opportunity for your professional and personal development by being a part of our fast- growing Research and Innovation Centre of Excellence. A very attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate according to qualifications and experience.
For full consideration, interested applicants should submit the following items via the online application form
and mention the position you are applying for: “Application: Business Analyst”
- Full CV (including reference contact details)
- Cover letter which clearly states: (a) how you envision your role, (b) how your experience and qualifications match the specific position, and (c) the availability date for full-time employment.
In case you previously applied for a post at CYENS CoE, a new application is required.
For general enquiries, applicants may contact the HR Department of the Research Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
For non-EU applicants a work permit will be required.
All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.
Deadline: 26 May. 2022
Location: Nicosia, Cyprus
Type: An initial one-year employment contract will be offered with the possibility for renewal depending on performance and project needs.