Preferred Start Date: October 2021
CYENS Centre of Excellence (formerly known as RISE) is the Research Centre of Excellence in Cyprus focusing on Interactive media, Smart systems and Emerging technologies aiming to empower knowledge and technology transfer in the region. It is a joint venture between the three public universities of Cyprus - University of Cyprus, Cyprus University of Technology, and, Open University of Cyprus, the Municipality of Nicosia, and two renowned international partners, the Max Planck Institute for Informatics, Germany, and, the University College London, United Kingdom. This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme H2020-WIDESPREAD-01-2016-2017 (Teaming Phase 2) under grant agreement No. 739578, as well as from the Cypriot Government, local and international partners, and other sponsors.
The Centre conducts excellent, internationally competitive scientific research in the areas of visual sciences, human factors and design, communication, and artificial intelligence delivered by high-caliber multidisciplinary research teams. CYENS engages in knowledge transfer and innovation activities aiming to bridge the gap between scientific research and STEM-led innovation and entrepreneurship.
The research focus of CYENS is on interactive media, smart systems, and emerging technologies. Interactive media have become an integral part of our lives, changing the way that information is conveyed to the user and the ways users interact with devices, with other people, and with the world around them. Smart systems have offered a novel way of producing automated solutions to hard problems for which the mere use of the human intellect is insufficient. Research in CYENS integrates the Visual Sciences, Human Factors & Design, and Communications & Artificial Intelligence, in a tight synergy that provides a unique interdisciplinary research perspective that emphasizes an “Inspired by Humans, Designed for Humans” philosophy. CYENS is designed to act as an integrator of academic research and industrial innovation, towards the sustainable fueling of the scientific, technological, and economic growth of Cyprus and Europe.
The Centre is seeking for a Partnerships Manager within the Innovation Department to join its fast-growing team of passionate and enthusiastic professionals. The Partnerships Manager will assist in developing good working relationships with CYENS partners, including the partner Universities, the Nicosia Municipality, the Advanced Partners, and organizations in Cyprus including those who provided letters of commitment to facilitate CYENS goals; The Partnerships Manager will be reporting to the Chief Innovation Officer of the Centre.
Responsibilities of Partnerships Manager:
General qualifications and requirements
- In collaboration with Technology Transfer and Commercialization Manager, to maintain and expand relationships with existing and new clients and strategic partners of CYENS.
- To identify and report on business and strategic partnership opportunities in target markets including Cyprus, EU+, MENA and US.
- To serve as a liaison between CYENS and industrial partners to ensure customer success from partnership proposal to development and implementation.
- To forecast, measure, and report the results of various projects with industrial partners.
- To represent CYENS at conferences, trade fairs and networking events and ensure that all leads arising from the above are correctly entered in the CRM and actioned upon.
- To maximize new business development opportunities.
- In collaboration with Technology Transfer and Commercialization Manager to see all industrial partnerships through to completion and evaluate their success using suitable metrics.
- In collaboration with Technology Transfer and Commercialization Manager to build sustainable revenue streams.
Profile of the ideal candidate:
- Bachelor's degree in a Business, Marketing, Economics, or a technical field.
- A knowledge of engineering and scientific areas relevant to CYENS is desirable.
- Sales management experience is key as well as experience working in industry or local government.
- Good business sense. Experience in negotiating commercial contracts with relevant industry sectors, ideally related to the licensing and deployment of software products is desirable.
- Language requirements: Fluent in English and Greek (written and spoken).
- Computer literate.
- For non-EU applicants a work permit will be required
- Ability to work with multiple and varied stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate technical content to non-technical audiences while ensuring important concepts are effectively translated is desirable.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Initiative, drive and enthusiasm.
Take advantage of this opportunity for your professional and personal development by being a part of our fast- growing Research Technology Development and Innovation Centre of Excellence. A very attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate according to qualifications and experience.
For full consideration, interested applicants should submit the following items via the online application form and mention the position you are applying for: “Application for Partnerships Manager”:
- Full CV (including contact details).
- Cover letter which clearly states: (a) how you envision your role, (b) how your experience and qualifications match the specific position, and (c) the availability date for full-time employment (d) contact details of two referees.
In case you previously applied for a post at CYENS CoE, a new application is required.
For general enquiries, applicants may contact the HR Department of CYENS, Centre of Excellence at email@example.com
CYENS Centre of Excellence is an equal opportunity employer and the position is open to everyone, internationally.
All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.
Deadline: 30 September. 2021
Location: Nicosia, Cyprus
Type: Full-time employment. Open-term contract.