Preferred Start Date: April 2022
CYENS Centre of Excellence (formerly known as RISE) is the Research and Innovation Centre on Interactive media, Smart systems and Emerging technologies empowering knowledge and technology transfer in the region. CYENS CoE is supported by the European Commission, the Republic of Cyprus and its founding Partners, the Municipality of Nicosia, the Max Planck Institute for Informatics (MPI), University College London, the University of Cyprus, the Cyprus University of Technology and the Open University of Cyprus.
The Centre conducts excellent, internationally competitive scientific research in the areas of visual sciences, human factors and design, communication, and artificial intelligence delivered by high-calibre multidisciplinary research teams. CYENS engages in knowledge transfer and innovation activities aiming to bridge the gap between scientific research and STEM-led innovation and entrepreneurship.
CYENS, as a Centre of Excellence, cultivates a culture of innovation and creativity in an inspiring environment filled with academics, researchers, creative and onward-looking people, innovators, entrepreneurs, and practitioners. The Centre operates under the moto “Inspired by Humans Designed for Humans” with the vision to produce world class research that drives innovation towards social and economic benefit while conducting excellent, internationally competitive scientific research in the areas of visual sciences, human factors and design, communication, and artificial intelligence. It sets out to meet the challenge with a total potential funding of more than 30 million Euros for the first 7 years, from a Horizon 2020 Teaming Action and multiple other sources, and a business plan for long-term sustainability and growth.
The Centre is seeking a Scrum Master to join its fast-growing team of passionate and enthusiastic professionals. She/he will play an important role in coordinating the software development team.
CYENS Centre of Excellence is an equal opportunity employer and the position is open to everyone, internationally.
Responsibilities of Scrum Master
Desired qualifications & requirements
- Lead the scrum team in using Agile methodology and scrum practices.
- Helping the product owner and development team to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Managing timelines and leading the scrum and development teams in self-organization.
- Remove impediments and coach the scrum team on removing impediments.
- Resolve conflicts and issues that occur.
- Help the scrum team achieve higher levels of scrum maturity.
- Support the product owner and provide education where needed.
Profile of the ideal candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical discipline.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience.
- Proficiency in object-oriented design and implementation (Java, C++, Python, Rust, etc.).
- Proficiency in mobile and web application implementation.
- Knowledge of application architecture and design patterns.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience in development of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications
- Experience serving as technical lead throughout the full software development lifecycle, from conception, architecture definition, detailed design, scoping, planning, implementation, testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral English-language skills will be required.
- Ability to analyze and think quickly and to resolve conflict.
- Ability to determine what is scrum and what is not.
- Ability to work with and lead a team.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and mentoring skills.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment.
- Self-motivation and ability to stay focused, overcoming distractions.
Take advantage of this opportunity for your professional and personal development by being a part of our fast- growing Research and Innovation Centre of Excellence. A very attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate according to qualifications and experience.
For full consideration, interested applicants should submit the following items via the online application form
and select the following position form the drop-down box: “Application: Scrum Master”
- Full CV (including reference contact details)
- Cover letter which clearly states: (a) how you envision your role, (b) how your experience and qualifications match the specific position, and (c) the availability date for full-time employment.
In case you previously applied for a post at CYENS CoE, a new application is required.
For general enquiries, applicants may contact the HR Department of the Research Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
For non-EU applicants a work permit will be required.
All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.
Deadline: 06 March. 2022
Location: Nicosia, Cyprus
Type: Full-time employment. Open-term contract.