Preferred Start Date: August 2022 or as soon thereafter.
CYENS Centre of Excellence (formerly known as RISE) is the Research and Innovation Centre on Interactive media, Smart systems and Emerging technologies empowering knowledge and technology transfer in the region. CYENS CoE is supported by the European Commission, the Republic of Cyprus and its founding Partners, the Municipality of Nicosia, the Max Planck Institute for Informatics (MPI), University College London, the University of Cyprus, the Cyprus University of Technology and the Open University of Cyprus.
The Centre conducts excellent, internationally competitive scientific research in the areas of visual sciences, human factors and design, communication, and artificial intelligence delivered by high-calibre multidisciplinary research teams. CYENS engages in knowledge transfer and innovation activities aiming to bridge the gap between scientific research and STEM-led innovation and entrepreneurship.
CYENS, as a Centre of Excellence, cultivates a culture of innovation and creativity in an inspiring environment filled with academics, researchers, creative and onward-looking people, innovators, entrepreneurs, and practitioners. The Centre operates under the moto “Inspired by Humans Designed for Humans” with the vision to produce world class research that drives innovation towards social and economic benefit while conducting excellent, internationally competitive scientific research in the areas of visual sciences, human factors and design, communication, and artificial intelligence. It sets out to meet the challenge with a total potential funding of more than 30 million Euros for the first 7 years, from a Horizon 2020 Teaming Action and multiple other sources, and a business plan for long-term sustainability and growth.
The Centre is seeking for two Technology Transfer Officers to join its fast-growing team of passionate and enthusiastic professionals. The job holder will focus on commercializing new software, information and communication technologies developed at CYENS. This role is suitable for a recent post-graduate in computer science of software engineering who would like to start their carrier in innovation.
Responsibilities of Technology Transfer Officer:
- Working with and influencing CYENS academics to commercialize new in-house developed software and technologies, predominantly from the fields of computer sciences and e-research.
- Identifying and executing new commercial strategies for transferring software and related technologies to industry.
- Marketing software and related technologies to potential end-users.
- Negotiating appropriate licensing contracts, in conjunction with legal experts.
- Managing the formation of a spin-out companies.
- Supporting post-deal activity, including renewals to licenses.
- Assisting in negotiating commercial contracts with relevant industry sectors, ideally related to the licensing of software products.
- Assisting in management of a large and growing portfolio of projects to a successful commercial conclusion.
Skills and competencies required:
- University degree/diploma in Computer Sciences, Software Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field. A PhD will be considered an advantage.
- Good appreciation of the development, application and use of software and ICT gained either in a commercial or technical role.
- The ambition to achieve results, along with a commitment to integrity and sound commercial judgement.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Grasping technical concepts quickly and translating these into commercially viable proposals.
- Showing tenacity and persistence in business development situations where appropriate.
- Deploying excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Working successfully within a close-knit team.
Take advantage of this opportunity for your professional and personal development by being a part of our fast- growing Research and Innovation Centre of Excellence. A very attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate according to qualifications and experience.
For full consideration, interested applicants should submit the following items via the online application form
and mention the position you are applying for: “Application for Technology Transfer Officer
Process for other positions:
- Full CV (including contact details).
- Cover letter which clearly states: (a) how you envision your role, (b) how your experience and qualifications match the specific position, and (c) the availability date for full-time employment (d) contact details of two referees.
In case you previously applied for a post at CYENS CoE, a new application is required.
For general enquiries, applicants may contact the HR Department of CYENS, Centre of Excellence at firstname.lastname@example.org
CYENS Centre of Excellence is an equal opportunity employer and the position is open to everyone, internationally.
All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.
Deadline: 14 July. 2022
Location: CYENS Center of Excellence, Nicosia, Cyprus.
Type: Full-time employment. Open ended contract