CYENS Centre of Excellence (formerly known as RISE) is the Research Centre of Excellence in Cyprus focusing on Interactive media, Smart systems and Emerging technologies aiming to empower knowledge and technology transfer in the region. It is a joint venture between the three public universities of Cyprus - University of Cyprus, Cyprus University of Technology, and, Open University of Cyprus, the Municipality of Nicosia, and two renowned international partners, the Max Planck Institute for Informatics, Germany, and, the University College London, United Kingdom. This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme H2020-WIDESPREAD-01-2016-2017 (Teaming Phase 2) under grant agreement No. 739578, as well as from the Cypriot Government, local and international partners, and other sponsors.
The research focus of CYENS is on interactive media, smart systems, and emerging technologies. Interactive media have become an integral part of our lives, changing the way that information is conveyed to the user and the ways users interact with devices, with other people, and with the world around them. Smart systems have offered a novel way of producing automated solutions to hard problems for which the mere use of the human intellect is insufficient. Research in CYENS integrates the Visual Sciences, Human Factors & Design, and Communications & Artificial Intelligence, in a tight synergy that provides a unique interdisciplinary research perspective that emphasizes an “Inspired by Humans, Designed for Humans” philosophy. CYENS is designed to act as an integrator of academic research and industrial innovation, towards the sustainable fuelling of the scientific, technological, and economic growth of Cyprus and Europe.
The Centre is seeking an Accounting Manager to join its fast-growing team of passionate and enthusiastic professionals. The successful candidate will ensure the smooth-running of the office, working one-on-one with members of the Executive Team, as well as on a wider basis with internal and external stakeholders.
General qualifications and requirements
- Manage all accounting operations based on GAAP accounting principles.
- Handle daily accounting, bookkeeping, auditing activities (including payroll) by providing necessary information and preparing requested documentation to external associates and relevant authorities.
- Assume responsibility for financial reporting as required by the organisation’s commitments, and ensure their accuracy, completeness and compliance to relevant reporting standards.
- Prepare budget and financial forecasts.
- Publish financial statements on time.
- Review business and accounting transactions.
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns, balance sheet, profit/loss statement, etc.
- Develop accurate and complete periodic reports for management.
- Audit financial transactions and document accounting control procedures
- Stay current with applicable financial policies, regulations and legislation.
- Develop and implement accounting policies, procedures and appropriate controls.
- Keep information confidential and secure ensuring compliance to regulatory requirements.
Profile of the ideal candidate:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or in relevant field.
- Master’s degree with be considered an advantage.
- Professional qualifications will be considered an advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in general accounting.
- Experience in a managerial position will be considered an advantage.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and corporate finance principles and procedures.
- Excellent accounting software user.
- Computer Literate.
- Language requirements: Fluent in English and Greek (written and spoken).
- For non-EU applicants a work permit will be required.
- Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Strong organizational, communication and presentation skills, having the ability to deal confidently and politely with enquiries.
- Very good analytical skills coupled with attention to detail.
- Dynamic, adaptable, hands-on and results driven.
- High levels of commitment, energy, and drive.
Take advantage of this opportunity for your professional and personal development by being a part of our fast- growing Research Technology Development and Innovation Centre of Excellence. A very attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate according to qualifications and experience.
For full consideration interested applicants should submit the following items via email to email@example.com
and use the email subject line: “Application: Accounting Manager”
- Full CV (including contact details).
- Cover letter which clearly states: (a) how you envision your role, (b) how your experience and qualifications match the specific position, and (c) the availability date for full-time employment (d) contact details of two referees.
In case you previously applied for a post at CYENS CoE, a new application is required.
For general enquiries, applicants may contact the HR Department of CYENS, Centre of Excellence at firstname.lastname@example.org
CYENS Centre of Excellence is an equal opportunity employer and the position is open to everyone, internationally.
All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.
Deadline: 09 May. 2021
Location: Nicosia, Cyprus
Type: Full-time employment. Open-term contract.