Preferred Start Date: November 2021 or as soon thereafter.
CYENS Centre of Excellence (formerly known as RISE) is the Research Centre of Excellence in Cyprus focusing on Interactive media, Smart systems and Emerging technologies aiming to empower knowledge and technology transfer in the region. It is a joint venture between the three public universities of Cyprus - University of Cyprus, Cyprus University of Technology, and, Open University of Cyprus- , the Municipality of Nicosia, and two renowned international partners, the Max Planck Institute for Informatics, Germany, and, the University College London, United Kingdom. This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme H2020-WIDESPREAD-01-2016-2017 (Teaming Phase 2) under grant agreement No. 739578, as well as from the Cypriot Government, local and international partners, and other sponsors.
The Centre conducts excellent, internationally competitive scientific research in the areas of visual sciences, human factors and design, communication, and artificial intelligence delivered by high-calibre multidisciplinary research teams. CYENS engages in knowledge transfer and innovation activities aiming to bridge the gap between scientific research and STEM-led innovation and entrepreneurship.
The research focus of CYENS is on interactive media, smart systems, and emerging technologies. Interactive media have become an integral part of our lives, changing the way that information is conveyed to the user and the ways users interact with devices, with other people, and with the world around them. Smart systems have offered a novel way of producing automated solutions to hard problems for which the mere use of the human intellect is insufficient. Research in CYENS integrates the Visual Sciences, Human Factors & Design, and Communications & Artificial Intelligence, in a tight synergy that provides a unique interdisciplinary research perspective that emphasizes an “Inspired by Humans, Designed for Humans” philosophy. CYENS is designed to act as an integrator of academic research and industrial innovation, towards the sustainable fuelling of the scientific, technological, and economic growth of Cyprus and Europe.
The Centre is seeking for an Operations and Procurement Manager to join its fast-growing team of passionate and enthusiastic professionals. The Operations and Procurement Manager will play an important role in ensuring the smooth running of the Centre.
Responsibilities of Operations and Procurement Manager
Assist the COO in several operational management duties, as described below:
- Assisting the COO in everyday activities to carry a smooth corporate functioning of the Centre.
- Manage all procurement procedures of the Centre in compliance with corporate, governmental and EU procurement policies and standards, code of conduct and operating guidelines.
Procurement Related Duties
- Legal/Governance and other related support.
- Facilitate Committee meetings, minutes, correspondence etc.
- Assist in ensuring that the status of all Policies is UpToDate; Update policies, follow up on approvals, coordinate committees responsible for drafting policies and other projects of the Centre.
Facilities Related Duties
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the procurement plan to ensure all procured goods, works or services are within the approved budget.
- Handle communication with suppliers and vendors and ensure the resolution of issues related to vendor performance in delivery of goods and services.
- Support teams with the planning of expenditure and ensure that a good knowledge of the procurement procedures and their application, is maintained by all staff.
- Conduct a continuous market research for goods and services availability.
Quality Assurance and Standardization Related Duties
- Ensure that the Centre’s facilities are inspected, managed and maintained effectively.
- Ensure that Health, Safety and Security standards are met in all premises
- Oversee services provided by third parties, such as cleaning, maintenance and security.
General qualifications and requirements
- Responsible for third party accreditations (ISO 9001, ISO 14001 etc).
- Observe issues of safety, quality and environmental compliance audit.
Profile of the ideal candidate – select relevant qualities required for specific role:
- University Degree, Bachelor's degree and/or postgraduate degree (or equivalent) in a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a procurement role.
- CIPS qualification will be considered an advantage.
- Experience in project management will be considered an advantage.
- Computer literate.
- Language requirements: Fluent in English and Greek (written and spoken).
- For non-EU applicants a work permit will be required
- Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Strong organizational, communication, presentation, and negotiation skills, having the ability to deal confidently and politely with enquiries.
- Very good analytical skills coupled with attention to detail.
- High levels of commitment, energy, and drive.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Take advantage of this opportunity for your professional and personal development by being a part of our fast- growing Research Technology Development and Innovation Centre of Excellence. A very attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate according to qualifications and experience.
For full consideration, interested applicants should submit the following items via the online application form
and mention the position you are applying for: “Application for Operations and Procurement Manager”:
- Full CV (including contact details).
- Cover letter which clearly states: (a) how you envision your role, (b) how your experience and qualifications match the specific position, and (c) the availability date for full-time employment (d) contact details of two referees.
In case you previously applied for a post at CYENS CoE, a new application is required.
For general enquiries, applicants may contact the HR Department of CYENS, Centre of Excellence at firstname.lastname@example.org
CYENS Centre of Excellence is an equal opportunity employer and the position is open to everyone, internationally.
All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.
Deadline: 19 October. 2021
Location: Nicosia, Cyprus
Type: Full-time employment. Open-term contract.