Preferred Start Date: March or as soon thereafter.
CYENS Centre of Excellence (formerly known as RISE) is the Research and Innovation Centre on Interactive media, Smart systems and Emerging technologies empowering knowledge and technology transfer in the region. CYENS CoE is supported by the European Commission, the Republic of Cyprus and its founding Partners, the Municipality of Nicosia, the Max Planck Institute for Informatics (MPI), University College London, the University of Cyprus, the Cyprus University of Technology and the Open University of Cyprus.
The Centre conducts excellent, internationally competitive scientific research in the areas of visual sciences, human factors and design, communication, and artificial intelligence delivered by high-calibre multidisciplinary research teams. CYENS engages in knowledge transfer and innovation activities aiming to bridge the gap between scientific research and STEM-led innovation and entrepreneurship.
CYENS, as a Centre of Excellence, cultivates a culture of innovation and creativity in an inspiring environment filled with academics, researchers, creative and onward-looking people, innovators, entrepreneurs, and practitioners. The Centre operates under the moto “Inspired by Humans Designed for Humans” with the vision to produce world class research that drives innovation towards social and economic benefit while conducting excellent, internationally competitive scientific research in the areas of visual sciences, human factors and design, communication, and artificial intelligence. It sets out to meet the challenge with a total potential funding of more than 30 million Euros for the first 7 years, from a Horizon 2020 Teaming Action and multiple other sources, and a business plan for long-term sustainability and growth.
The Centre is seeking two Digital Artists to join its fast-growing team of passionate and enthusiastic professionals. The Digital Artist will play an important role in the flagship project; iNicosia, a Digital Twin of the City of Nicosia.
Responsibilities of the Digital Artist
General qualifications and requirements
- Create, manage, and edit digital assets (images, 3D models)
- Collect (photograph) imagery data, over certain periods of time
- Store all data following protocols and guidelines
- Follow design guidelines, asset naming conventions and other technical constraints
- Make sure that the collected and generated data are of high quality
- Filter and organize data after collection, select the best outcomes
- Update the relevant people for all assigned tasks
- Work with the Digital Twin team to execute projects according to plan
- Bachelor’s degree in Multimedia, Fine Arts, Photography, 3D Graphics design, Architecture, Computer Science, or any related field.
- Knowledge of photography and best practices.
- Basic understanding of computational photography.
- Experience with Photo Editing Software (Lightroom, Photoshop, Gimp, etc.).
- Experience with 3D modelling and related software (Maya, 3D Studio, Blender, etc.) is desirable.
- Experience with photogrammetry not required but will be considered an advantage.
- Experience with aerial photography using drones not required but will be considered an advantage.
- An eye for detail and good visualization skills.
- Scripting and/or programming (Python, C/C++) experience will be considered an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of both spoken and written English
- For non-EU applicants a work permit will be required
Take advantage of this opportunity for your professional and personal development by being a part of our fast- growing Research Technology Development and Innovation Centre of Excellence. A very attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate according to qualifications and experience.
For full consideration, interested applicants should submit the following items via the online application form
and mention the position you are applying for: “Application for Digital Artist”:
- Full CV (including contact details).
- Cover letter which clearly states: (a) how you envision your role, (b) how your experience and qualifications match the specific position, and (c) the availability date for full-time employment (d) contact details of two referees.
In case you previously applied for a post at CYENS CoE, a new application is required.
For general enquiries, applicants may contact the HR Department of CYENS, Centre of Excellence at firstname.lastname@example.org
CYENS Centre of Excellence is an equal opportunity employer and the position is open to everyone, internationally.
All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.
Deadline: 26 January. 2022
Location: Nicosia, Cyprus
Type: An initial one-year full time employment contract will be offered with the possibility for renewal depending on performance and project needs.