Position: Financial Project Officer
Category: Full Time employment, an initial two-year employment contract will be offered with the possibility for renewal depending on performance and project needs.
Location: Nicosia, Cyprus
Preferred Start Date: November 2023, or as soon thereafter.
Application Deadline: Remain open until the position is filled
No. of positions: 1 Project Officer
No. Of Positions: 1 (one) Project Officer
Salary Range: 25K-30K annual gross salary
About the Position
The Centre is seeking a Financial Project Officer experienced in the financial management of funded projects to join its fast-growing team of passionate and enthusiastic professionals. The job holder(s) will be managing projects assigned to the Research Department of CYENS and also report to the Accounting Manager of CYENS.
Responsibilities of Financial Project Officer:
Financial monitoring, reporting and administration.
Research Department obligations:
- Support the financial and administrative planning, monitoring, and reporting of CYENS funded (external and internal) project, ensuring that they comply with the required regulations set by the funding authorities;
- Assist to ensure a proper budgeting, budget follow-up and finance report, audit and compliance;
- Closely work with the financial office staff to assist in project financial reporting and audits;
- Support the financial office staff to keep track of timely cashflow of projects with the appropriate supporting documentation;
- Train and guide researchers, project managers and project officers on project finances, administration and budget management (budget construction, follow-up, control and reporting);
- Support the financial office to maintain accurate records of all financial transactions covering the activities implemented through the projects;
- Follow up on EC and Cyprus Research and Innovation Foundation (amongst others) financial rules and regulations;
General qualifications and requirements
- Contribute towards the development of the Centre’s KPIs.
- Follow employee handbook regulations and set an example.
- Follow any other duties as specified by the management or relevant procedures.
Profile of the ideal candidate:
- University Degree (Bachelor’s Degree or Degree of a level equivalent to Bachelor’s Degree) or Diploma or Certificate or other study title or qualifications in Economics/Finance or Accounting or Mathematics or Business Administration or relevant field.
- Master’s degree will be considered an advantage.
- Minimum 2 years’ demonstrated experience in funded project finance and administration (ideally Horizon, Erasmus and Cyprus Research and Innovation Foundation (RIF)projects).
- Experience in financial reporting in the EU’s SIGMA reporting portal and the RIF IRIS portal will be considered an advantage.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office applications and advanced user of MS Excel.
- Language requirements: Excellent written and oral English-language skills will be required.
- Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Strong organizational, communication, presentation, and negotiation skills, having the ability to deal confidently and politely with enquiries.
- Very good analytical skills coupled with attention to detail.
- Dynamic, adaptable, hands-on and results driven.
- A team player with an ability to work independently and under pressure.
- High levels of commitment, energy, and drive.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Trustworthy and committed.
- Competence in financial management systems.
Take advantage of this opportunity for your professional and personal development by being a part of our fast- growing Research and Innovation Centre of Excellence. A very attractive remuneration package (including membership to CYENS provident fund) will be offered to the successful candidate according to qualifications and experience.
*For non-EU applicants a work permit will be required
For full consideration, interested applicants should submit the following items via the online application form
- Full CV (including contact details).
- Cover letter which clearly states: (a) how you envision your role, (b) how your experience and qualifications match the specific position, and (c) the availability date for full-time employment (d) contact details of two referees.
* In case you previously applied for a post at CYENS CoE, a new application is required. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
For general enquiries, applicants may contact the HR Department of CYENS, Centre of Excellence at firstname.lastname@example.org
About CYENS CoE
Centre of Excellence is focusing on Interactive media, Smart systems and Emerging technologies aiming to empower knowledge and technology transfer in Cyprus and wider region. It is a joint venture between the three public universities of Cyprus: the University of Cyprus, the Cyprus University of Technology, and the Open University of Cyprus, the Municipality of Nicosia, and two renowned international partners, the Max Planck Institute for Informatics, Germany, and, the University College London, United Kingdom. This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020
research and innovation programme H2020-WIDESPREAD-01-2016-2017 (Teaming Phase 2) under grant agreement No. 739578, as well as from the Cypriot Government, local and international partners, and other sponsors.
Research in CYENS integrates the Visual Sciences, Human Factors & Design, and Communications & Artificial Intelligence, in a tight synergy that provides a unique interdisciplinary research perspective that emphasizes an “Inspired by Humans, Designed for Humans” philosophy. The Centre conducts excellent, internationally competitive scientific research delivered by 18 high-caliber multidisciplinary research teams. CYENS engages in knowledge transfer and innovation activities aiming to act as an integrator of academic research and industrial innovation, towards the sustainable fueling of the scientific, technological, and economic growth of Cyprus and Europe.
CYENS Centre of Excellence is an equal opportunity employer and the position is open to everyone, internationally.
All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.
Location: Nicosia, Cyprus
Type: Full Time employment, an initial two-year employment contract will be offered with the possibility for renewal depending on performance and project needs.