Position: Project Officer
Category: Full Time employment, an initial two-year employment contract will be offered with the possibility for renewal depending on performance and project needs.
Location: Nicosia, Cyprus
Preferred Start Date: November 2023, or as soon thereafter.
Application Deadline: Remain open until the position is filled
No. of positions: 1 Project Officer
Salary Range: 25K-30K annual gross salary
About the Position
The Centre is seeking an experienced Project Officer to join its fast-growing team of passionate and enthusiastic professionals.
Responsibilities of Project Officer:
- Support strategic relationships with high performing universities, governmental, non-governmental, and private sector entities.
- Monitor and identify funding opportunities and inform research teams.
- Assist in the development and writing of research proposals, grant applications and tenders.
- Liaise with clients/partners to identify and define requirements, scope and objectives for effective and efficient cooperation.
- Effectively coordinate and assist in the management of ongoing and new projects.
- Track project technical and financial progress, including , financial management, quality assurance, risk management and liaise with the financial office.
- Develop and support in project deliverables, progress reports and financial reports .
- Collect and analyze data and develop project KPIs.
- Assist in the organization of workshops, trainings and other dissemination activities.
- Prepare and deliver presentations about the Centre, department and projects.
General qualifications and requirements
- Contribute towards the development of the Centre’s KPIs.
- Follow any other duties as specified by the management or relevant procedures.
Profile of the ideal candidate
- University Degree (Bachelor’s Degree or Degree of a level equivalent to Bachelor’s Degree) or Diploma or Certificate or other study title or qualifications in relevant field. Master’s degree will be considered an advantage
- Minimum 3 years’ demonstrated experience in funded projects
- Previous experience in proposal writing will be considered an advantage
- Certification in Project Management or equivalent (e.g. PMP, Prince2) will be considered an advantage.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Language requirements: Excellent written and oral English-language skills will be required.
- Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Strong organizational, communication, presentation, and negotiation skills, having the ability to deal confidently and politely with enquiries.
- Very good analytical skills coupled with attention to detail.
- Dynamic, adaptable, hands-on and results driven.
- A team player with an ability to work independently and under pressure.
- High levels of commitment, energy, and drive.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Take advantage of this opportunity for your professional and personal development by being a part of our fast- growing Research and Innovation Centre of Excellence. A very attractive remuneration package (including membership to CYENS provident fund) will be offered to the successful candidate according to qualifications and experience.
For non-EU applicants a work permit will be required
For full consideration, interested applicants should submit the following items via the online application form
- Full CV (including contact details).
- Cover letter which clearly states: (a) how you envision your role, (b) how your experience and qualifications match the specific position, and (c) the availability date for full-time employment (d) contact details of two referees.
In case you previously applied for a post at CYENS CoE, a new application is required. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
For general enquiries, applicants may contact the HR Department of CYENS, Centre of Excellence at email@example.com
About CYENS CoE
Centre of Excellence is focusing on Interactive media, Smart systems and Emerging technologies aiming to empower knowledge and technology transfer in Cyprus and wider region. It is a joint venture between the three public universities of Cyprus: the University of Cyprus, the Cyprus University of Technology, and the Open University of Cyprus, the Municipality of Nicosia, and two renowned international partners, the Max Planck Institute for Informatics, Germany, and, the University College London, United Kingdom. This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020
research and innovation programme H2020-WIDESPREAD-01-2016-2017 (Teaming Phase 2) under grant agreement No. 739578, as well as from the Cypriot Government, local and international partners, and other sponsors.
Research in CYENS integrates the Visual Sciences, Human Factors & Design, and Communications & Artificial Intelligence, in a tight synergy that provides a unique interdisciplinary research perspective that emphasizes an “Inspired by Humans, Designed for Humans” philosophy. The Centre conducts excellent, internationally competitive scientific research delivered by 18 high-caliber multidisciplinary research teams. CYENS engages in knowledge transfer and innovation activities aiming to act as an integrator of academic research and industrial innovation, towards the sustainable fueling of the scientific, technological, and economic growth of Cyprus and Europe.
CYENS Centre of Excellence is an equal opportunity employer and the position is open to everyone, internationally.
All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.
Location: Nicosia, Cyprus
Type: Full Time employment, an initial two-year employment contract will be offered with the possibility for renewal depending on performance and project needs.