02 March. 2023
CYENS Centre of Excellence would like to give an internship opportunity to a student who is passionate about creating an engaging workforce and is interested in pursuing a professional career in the Procurement field after graduating.
As a Procurement Intern you will have the opportunity to be exposed to the different functions within Procurement relating to the entire Tenders lifecycle: Announcing , evaluating, receiving of equipment and services, and monitoring. We like to challenge the way we do things, and we are always open to new insights and explore different perspectives to improve the overall experience for our employees at CYENS.
The Procurement department at CYENS consists of an Procurement Manager and the Facilities Officer.
The Intern will be involved in the below tasks:
- Monitor compliance with corporate, governmental and EU procurement policies and standards, code of conduct and operating guidelines.
- Implementation of Tendering procedures in the framework of the provisions of the Law on Public Procurement.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the procurement plan to ensure all procured goods, works or services are within the approved budget.
- Handle communication with suppliers and vendors and ensure the resolution of issues related to vendor performance in delivery of goods and services.
- Support teams with the planning of expenditure and ensure that a good knowledge of the procurement procedures and their application, is maintained by all staff.
- Conduct a continuous market research for goods and services availability.
- Actively pursuing a degree in Procurement or relevant studies
- Written and oral English-language skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with confident and positive personality.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Committed and approachable individual.
- Strong ethics and reliability.
Excellent English language skills
Basic Microsoft Office Applications; Word, Excel, PowerPoint
No work experience required
We aim to offer opportunities for work experience and assist Procurement students in developing their work habits and attitudes necessary for a successful career in the Procurement field. This is a unique opportunity as an Procurement Internship at CYENS can offer exposure and active participation in the Procurement management of a Research and Innovation Centre of Excellence, while also exploring different career paths in the Procurement field.
Applicants must be able to work in CYENS’ premises* in Nicosia and must be either:
HOW TO APPLY
- Undergraduate students (BA, BSc);
- Post-Graduate students (MA, MSc and PhD);
- Early career individuals (who have graduated from university within the two years)
- For non-EU applicants an entry visa and/or work permit may be required
Applicants should submit
the following items via Application: Procurement Internship
1) A short statement of interest (max. 300 words) describing any relevant experience and indicate the internship you are applying for
2) A Curriculum Vitae
3) Transcripts of coursework
4) Contact information
5) Availability dates