10 June. 2022
partners with Cyprus Space Exploration Organisation
, the French Institute
and Innovative Entrepreneurship project (EU funded)
to marry the power of technology with the innovative potential of the island’s youth to energize Cyprus’ entrepreneurship ecosystem.
Young Innovators Camp (11-15 & 25-29 July 2022)
Introducing middle school students (~12-14 y.o.) without any previous technology experience to robotics, coding, digital fabrication, entrepreneurship, space exploration and digital museums.
GameDev Camp (18-22 July 2022)
Introducing high school students (~15-18 y.o.) to diverse topics and ideas related to game development and design.
Who can apply?
• Middle school students interested in learning about cutting edge technologies and with an inclination for Science, Technology, Art and Mathematics.
• High school students with an interest in coding, programming, engineering, game development/design.
Participants will gain a basic understanding of:
• A range of technologies including digital fabrication, rapid prototyping, 3D printing at the CYENS Thinker Maker Space
• The link between culture and new technologies through the Micro-Folie project of the French Institute.
• Space exploration fundamentals explained by the Cyprus Space Exploration Organisation.
• Entrepreunership through a fun and interactive workshop designed by the Innovative Entrepreunership project (EU funded)
.The program is designed to help children improve their problem-solving skills, creativity, (Young Innovators Camp)
• Common elements of game development such as 2D and 3D graphics, animation, audio and collision handling while also learning how artificial intelligence techniques can be applied in a game environment. (GameDev Camp).
How to apply?
You can apply for one of the three camps at http://cyens.eventbrite.com
. All applicants (both successful and unsuccessful) will be notified accordingly by the 4th of July
. Evaluation will be based on eligibility and availability. Depending on the number of applications, final selection may be based on a random selection from all those meeting the minimum requirements. For any enquiries please feel free to contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
or by phone on 22747575.
• The course is free of charge.
• Parental permission is required.
• Daily start time: 8am | end time: 1:30 pm.
• Refreshments and snacks will be provided by CYENS.
• All workshops will be delivered in English.
• All relevant COVID-19 precautionary measures will be taken upon entry into the facility and throughout the class as per Ministry of Health’s guidelines.