Research Associate(s) for the Real-Time Populated Virtual Environments Research Group (MRG)
The Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart System and Emerging Technologies – RISE (www.rise.org.cy) is a newly founded research centre of excellence in Nicosia, Cyprus. RISE is a significant investment supported by the European Commission, the Republic of Cyprus and its founding Partners, the Municipality of Nicosia, Max Planck Institute, University College London, the University of Cyprus, the Cyprus University of Technology and the Open University of Cyprus.
The Real-time Populated Virtual Environments (RTPVE) Research Group conducts research in the general area of real-time graphics. Some specific topics of interest include: human animation, motion capture, character behavior, AR rendering and 3D reconstruction.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to conduct applied research in the aforementioned areas. The position holder will also participate in the preparation of research proposals for funding, project reports and deliverables, and travel abroad for dissemination activities. Furthermore, position holders should publish/present their research results in prestigious international conferences and journals and contribute to the research centre’s key performance indicators. The successful candidate will work under the supervision of Prof Yiorgos Chrysanthou.
- Bachelor's degree and/or postgraduate degree in a relevant field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics)
- Strong computer programming skills (e.g. C/C++, Pyhton, Matlab) is a must
- Knowledge of Deep-learning and usage of one of the existing Deep-learning environments (e.g. Keras, Tensorflow, Pytorch etc.) would be an advantage
- High-impact research publications on relevant topics (a must for PhD holders/an advantage for non-PhD holders)
- Previous grant-writing experience is considered an advantage
- Previous relevant industrial experience will be considered an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of English language is a must
- For non-EU applicants a work permit will be required.
A very attractive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidate according to qualifications and experience.
Application Process: Interested candidates should submit the following items via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the Email subject line: "Application: Research Associate(s) RTPVE"
1. A cover letter which clearly specifies (i) employment availability date, (ii) part-time and/or full-time availability and (iii) rationale on why you think you would be a good fit for the position
2. Description of their academic and research experiences as well as any relevant industrial experience where applicable (500 words maximum)
3. A detailed CV
4. Copies of degree certificates (BSc/MSc/PhD)
5. Two representative publications (if applicable)
6. Contact details of two referees, either two University professors or one University professor and one industry referee.
Note that if you previously applied for a post at RISE, a new application is required.
Deadline: Position open until filled.
For general inquiries, applicants may contact the HR Department of the Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart Systems and Emerging Technologies at email@example.com
The applicants may address any technical or research related inquiries to the RTPVE MRG team leader Prof. Yiorgos Chrysanthou at firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart Systems and Emerging Technologies, Nicosia, Cyprus
Type: An initial one-year employment contract will be offered with the possibility for renewal (up to three years in total, including the first year).