RISE CoE announces its participation in the EU funded project entitled “Fake Risk Escaping through the Empowerment of Youth (FREEYOU)”. FREEYOU is funded by the Call Media Literacy for All – DG Connect.
The project is aimed at spreading among youngsters, information and awareness to make them more conscious about:
• the veracity of information they get
• how people/companies could use their data
• potential attempts of manipulation hidden inside social media and YouTube
FREEYOU is aimed at designing, testing and spreading educational blended resources, making youngsters informed, aware, empowered.
The project will experiment with innovative ways to make youth aware of the risks of manipulation and misunderstanding while using social media and digital tools, to be informed and free to choose and decide, even in front of the insidious deep news.
With this aim we’ll design, develop and test an interactive educational package for introducing young students to 3 key concepts of the digital information landscape:
1) fact-checking (social media verification, video/pictures authentication, source checking)
2) news distribution and amplification (filter bubbles, algorithmic filtering, viral content circulation)
3) artificial intelligence (deep fakes, synthetic media, etc)
The FREEYOU Programme will come from a consortium of 5 partners:
MEET – Milano, Italy
INOVA+ – Matosinhos, Portugal
RISE – Nicosia, Cyprus
University of Thessaly – Volos, Greece
IDEA Municipality of Alzira – Alzira, Spain